How to start SEO for my new site
Keyword Analysis - part-I:Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines via the "natural" or "organic" search results.
Search engine optimization is often about making small changes to parts of your website. When viewed individually, these changes might seem like incremental improvements, but when combined with other optimizations, they could have a noticeable impact on your site's user experience and performance in organic search results.
The very first step in SEO is to find your keywords or phrases, by which you will compete with the search world on internet. Keywords are the important weapon that can help your webpage or site to rank high and get notice by search engine robots and visitors very easily.
Keyword analysis and optimization is not a one step work, you’ve to put down all your best efforts to get those keywords, that are related to your business, should have less competition and high traffic. Follow the best practices outlined below will make it easier to get your targeted keywords.
How to study and judge the value of a keyword:
- Ask yourself: You ask yourself “Is the keyword relevant to your services or products you offer to online users? Will the potential customers find you online by searching with the keyword? Will the traffic results in financial rewards directly or indirectly. If the answers to all there questions are clear then you can proceed ahead.
- Search for the term or phrase in all the major search engines (Google, Yahoo and MSN): Type the keyword phrase or term in the search bar of major search engines and see is there any search advertisement running on top and right side of the search engine result page (SERP). If you see may search adds, that’s means the keyword phrase has high value. If you see multiple search add on the organic listing means the term/phrase is highly lucrative and directly conversion-prone keyword.
- Buy a sample campaign for the keyword at Google AdWords:Google Adwords, Choose “exact match” and point the traffic to the most relevant page on your website. Measure the traffic to your site, and track impressions and conversion rate over the course of at least 200-300 clicks. This may take 1 or 2 days with high traffic keyword, or several weeks if the term is in less demand.
- Keyword phrases from your friends, buddies and family members:Ask your friends, buddies and family members, what keyword phrase they will like to use to get your services or products online. Collect all those keyword phrases and prepare an Excel sheet.
- Make your primary keyword from your product, service or business name:You have to make your primary keyword by selecting it form your products, services or business name. For example if you’re selling “puppies” then use it as your primary keyword.